European Astronomical Society
EAS Job Directory
|Research Associate / Adjunct (adiunkt)||Closing date: 2018-09-30
Contact: Michal Hanasz
|Only those who meet the requirements set out in Article 109 (1) of Higher Education Act of 27 July, 2005 (Journal of Laws of the Republic of Poland 2017, Item 2183 as amended) and the following eligibility criteria may enter the contest:
- PhD in physical sciences in the field of astronomy.
- Documented, adequate to position, significant international experience in research work in astronomy and astrophysics.
- Specialisation in stellar astrophysics, and/or exoplanets and/or interstellar medium.
- Capability to lecture in English language,
- Readiness to teach at engineering courses.
- Personal questionnaire for the person applying for employment (form to be downloaded)
- Professional curriculum vitae
- Copy of higher education diploma
- Copy of doctorate certificate
- Information about scientific, didactic and organizational achievements (abstract comprising candidate's most important areas of research, and scientific, educational, and other achievements)
- List of publications (including the publishing house, year of publication, and page number)
- Declaration under art. 109 ust. 1 ustawy Prawo o szkolnictwie wy?szym (o niekaralno?ci) (Art. Paragraph 109 (1) of the Higher Education Act (of no criminal record)) (form to be downloaded)
- Declaration that Nicolaus Copernicus University in Toru? will be my primary employer once I have won the contest (form to be downloaded)
- Declaration of consent to the processing of personal data contained in the job offer for the needs of the recruitment process, in accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of The Council od 27 April 2016 (L119/1) (form to be downloaded)
- 2 letters of recommendation from a senior researcher familiar with applicants research
- Research plan
- Motivation letter
Documents should be submitted to the Dean of the Faculty of Physics, Astronomy and Informatics in Toru?, ul. Grudzi?dzka 5, room 355, on or before 15.09.2018.
More information about employment conditions can be obtained by e-mail at: dyrekcja.ca @ umk.pl
The contest will be adjudicated no later than 30.10.2018.
Your expected employment will commence on 01.01.2019.
NCU declares the right not to choose any candidate.
The application should refer to WFAiIS-1/CA/2018
Forms to be downloaded: http://www.umk.pl/en/employment/forms/
Links to other job lists
More on non-academic jobs