Executive Secretary/Secrétaire Général for the European Astronomical Society
The EAS is looking for an Executive Secretary/Secrétaire Général.
The appointee will be responsible for running the EAS business office in Geneva.
This entails, among others:
- managing the financial affairs of the Society including budget development
with the Treasurer, accounts, tax matters where relevant,
- supporting the President and Council in the preparation of the meetings,
taking of the minutes, and follow up of the activities,
- facilitating the activity of the Working Groups set up by Council,
- monitoring the arrangements for EWASS including the interface between the
Society and the professional organisers of the meetings,
- managing the membership process, and
- ensuring that the Society's website (including EWASS pages) is lively and
up to date.
The appointee will:
- have a good knowledge of the European astronomical community and be
familiar with astronomical research,
- be proficient with administrative matters,
- work in an organized and efficient manner,
- have good inter-personal skills to enable effective interactions with
Council and the members,
- have familiarity with web-site management,
- be willing to travel within Europe, and
- have an excellent command of English and ideally some knowledge of French.
The Executive Secretary will have access to limited secretarial support.
Initially this is a 30% position under the University of Geneva staff rules.
Starting date is foreseen in the second half of 2017.
For more information, please contact Johan Knapen and Marc Türler.
For the EAS Council