Welcome to EWASS 2019 !
European Week of Astronomy and Space Science
The annual meeting of the European Astronomical Society
24 – 28 June 2019
Manufacture des tabacs, Univ. of Lyon 3,
- Important dates:
- 2019-Mar 10: Added the general information page.
- 2019-Mar 7: Added the travel information and venue pages.
- 2019-Mar 4: We have received a bit more than 1400 abstracts by the deadline! Abstract submission is now closed, the session chairs now review the abstracts.
- 2019-Feb-15: Added social events page; added information of the limit for number of free abstracts (see abstract submission).
- 2019-Feb-12: Added accomodation page
- 2019-Jan-29: Update dates for SS11, SS15, SS16, SS21, SS25, see programme page
- 2018-Dec-18: Addition of the Grants page; Information that ePosters only will be available
- 2018-Dec-4: First announcement, opening of registration and
abstract submission! The SOC selected 14 Symposia, 41 Special Sessions, and 9 Lunch Sessions, see the programme!
- 2018-Nov-14: Sponsoring kit available; added Hosts and partner logos; added Sponsors & Exhibitors page
- 2018-Oct-8: EWASS 2019 poster and banner added; update of EHC
- 2018-Sep-8: Call for sessions closed
- 2018-Aug-13: Update of SOC
- 2018-Jul-6: Call for Expressions of Interest to organise Symposia, Special and Lunch Sessions.
- 2018-May: Website on-line
Ethics and Anti-harassment statement
The EAS considers its annual EWASS meetings to be a privileged occasion for free and frank interchange of scientific ideas, as well as for the nurturing and creation of professional and social contacts. Any abuse of power or inappropriate behaviour has no place at the EWASS.
On 23 January 2018, EAS Council has adopted the EAS Ethics Statement and Guidelines for Good Practice. These will apply during EWASS and all participants are urged to read the document and follow its recommendations.