European Astronomical Society
EAS Job Directory
|Visiting Professor in Theoretical Extragalactic Astrophysics at University Vienna||Closing date: 2018-06-12
Contact: Bodo Ziegler
|The Department of Astrophysics of University Vienna invites senior scientists with a strong background in Theoretical Extragalactic Astrophysics both in research and teaching to apply for this visiting professorship ("Lehrstuhlvertretung") (§99/1 University Law).
This professorship is fixed to 1 Oct 2018 - 31 Mar 2019.
More details can be found under https://univis.univie.ac.at/ausschreibungstellensuche/ with Reference number: 8630
We are looking for a visiting professor in Theoretical Extragalactic Astrophysics to contribute valuably in research and teaching (including independent teaching of courses as defined by the collective agreement / supervision of students).
Duration of employment: 6 month/s
Extent of Employment: 40 hours/week
Job grading in accordance with collective bargaining agreement: Univ Prof. (KV) Gastprof. with relevant work experience determining the assignment to a particular salary grade.
- Doctoral degree / PhD in Astrophysics, Astronomy or related fields, and post-doctoral experience
- Excellent achievements in research, strong publication record, high international reputation
- Enthusiasm for excellent teaching, ability and willingness to teach students in all phases of their studies (bachelor's, master's, or doctoral level), and to promote young academic colleagues
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
Application documents to be uploaded to http://jobcenter.univie.ac.at until 12 June 2018:
- Letter of motivation
- Academic curriculum vitae
- Description of research interests and research agenda
- Lists of publications, talks given, acquired third-party funds
- Overview of previous academic teaching
- Copies of certificates
The University pursues a non-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well as diversity (http://diversity.univie.ac.at/). The University lays special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female applicants.
Links to other job lists
More on non-academic jobs