EAS Job Directory
|INPhINIT Incoming PhD Fellowships at the Institute of Cosmos Sciences||Closing date: 2021-02-04
Contact: Esther Pallares
|The Institute of Cosmos Sciences of the University of Barcelona is a research centre accredited with the Spanish Seal of Excellence Marķa de Maeztu in 2020, the perfect place to carry out your PhD project through an INPhINIT Incoming fellowship, the Institute is offering ten different projects|
|The doctoral fellowship programme INPhINIT ?la Caixa? is devoted to attracting talented Early-Stage Researchers?of any nationality?who wish to pursue doctoral studies in Spanish or Portuguese territory. Sponsored by ?la Caixa? Foundation, it is aimed at supporting the best scientific talent and fostering innovative and high-quality research in Spain and Portugal by recruiting outstanding international students and offering them an attractive and competitive environment for conducting research of excellence.
The Institute of Cosmos Sciences of the University of Barcelona is a research centre accredited with the Spanish Seal of Excellence Marķa de Maeztu in 2020, the perfect place to carry out your PhD project through an INPhINIT Incoming fellowship, the Institute is offering ten different projects:
- Black hole mergers from star clusters: http://icc.ub.edu/job/118
- Effective theories for black hole dynamics: https://bit.ly/38yCsgw
- BSM models from Dark Matter searches: https://bit.ly/3ph2CKJ
- Dark energy and large-scale structure surveys: https://bit.ly/3ph2CKJ
- Dark Matter and the evolution of the Local Group from cosmological initial conditions: https://bit.ly/3eOZy3z
- Machine learning for few-body quantum systems: http://icc.ub.edu/job/122
- Massive neutrinos as new physics messengers in particle physics, astrophysics and cosmology. https://bit.ly/3kfscfu
- Mining the Gaia catalogue: structure and kinematics of the Milky Way and the LMC: https://bit.ly/3kfswLe
- On the out-of-equilibrium dynamics with tensor networks: https://bit.ly/38zATPl
- Strongly coupled matter and dynamical gravity: https://bit.ly/2UiMJ8g
The maximum total payment amount will be ?122,592, as broken down below:
- Three annual payments of ?34,800 each. Where applicable, the amounts corresponding to the Social Security contributions payable by the employer (in this case, the host institution), as well as any other compulsory fee, whether current or that may be provided for in a future legal framework, will be deducted from the yearly gross amount of ?34,800 to be received by the fellow.
- ?3,564 per year, as an additional amount for conferences, courses, research stays, consumables, equipment, charges for the use of intellectual property, etc.
The ?la Caixa? Foundation will award a prize of ?7,500, which will be paid in the fourth year, should the fellow be able to deposit their thesis within 6 months after the third year of their fellowship has ended.
In addition to financial support, the fellowship includes a training programme on transversal skills, which has been specially designed by leading international institutions in the sector.
This programme includes aspects such as technology transfer, entrepreneurship, commercialisation of innovation, intellectual property, leadership, creativity, communication skills, teamwork, personal development, planning, assertiveness and networking.
Three sessions will be held: at the start of the fellowship, during the second year, and during the third year. Each session will last between 3 and 5 days, and attendance is mandatory for all fellows. The ?la Caixa? Foundation will cover all costs for these sessions, as well as the fellows? accommodation and travel expenses.
For more information on the employment conditions, please refer to this document: https://fundacionlacaixa.org/documents/10280/162494/programme-rules-inphinit-incoming-2021.pdf/6f8ab9c9-3f1f-1613-101b-93cb7fe43ba7?t=1604508302301.
Working at the Institute of Cosmos Sciences
The Institute of Cosmos Sciences is a research institute of the University of Barcelona. It is an interdisciplinary centre dedicated to fundamental research in the fields of cosmology, astrophysics, and particle physics. In addition, the institute has a strong technology program through its participation in international collaborations in observational astronomy and experimental particle physics.
The Institute of Cosmos Sciences has 50 professors, 10 ICREA professors, 37 postdocs, 23 technicians and 61 PhD students. Postdoctoral staff at the ICCUB is largely international, above 60%.
Moreover, the ICCUB participates in many key international scientific consortia and projects, such as the Large Hadron Collider, the Gaia astrometric space mission, the MAGIC / CTA high-energy astrophysics telescopes, and the Virgo gravitational wave detector, among others. Additional information about the Institute and the University of Barcelona can be found here: http://icc.ub.edu/e.
The Institute is situated in Barcelona, which offers an outstanding scientific and cultural environment, entertainment and sports as well as outstanding food and music.
You will be encouraged to contribute and interact with other researchers in the vibrant and international research environment as well as to participate in our outreach initiatives, more information at serviAstro (https://serviastro.ub.edu/en) and serviParticules (https://serviparticules.ub.edu/en).
The Institute of Cosmos Sciences is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Institute of Cosmos Sciences promotes a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion or sexual orientation. We strongly encourage women and underrepresented minorities in physical sciences to apply. For additional information please see the Diversity, equity and inclusion Commission: http://icc.ub.edu/about/gender.
All applications must be submitted online through the following link: https://candidate.lacaixafellowships.org/login. For more information on the application procedure, please refer to this document: https://fundacionlacaixa.org/documents/10280/162494/programme-rules-inphinit-incoming-2021.pdf/6f8ab9c9-3f1f-1613-101b-93cb7fe43ba7?t=1604508302301.
Inquiries about the application submission can be directed to fellowships @ fundacionlacaixa.org.
Requirements and selection process, please look into http://icc.ub.edu/job/offers
Links to other job lists
More on non-academic jobs