26 – 27 June 2017
Exoplanet science in the coming decade: The bright and nearby future
Aims and scope
This symposium will offer a forum for discussion on current and upcoming exoplanet science. Its 'bright and nearby' subtitle refers to the exciting possibilities that new instruments and missions are opening up, but it points also to the shift to brighter and more nearby planet samples that we expect, in particular from the TESS and PLATO missions. Such a brighter sample will lead to new developments and opportunities in their characterization, from which we can expect that data that currently exist only for very few systems will become available in quantities that permit much more advanced interpretations.
We welcome presentations that report on any kind of exoplanet discovery and characterization, but in particular those who address any of these questions:
What is the status of current and upcoming survey projects?
Are we ready for the next decade of new discoveries in terms of theoretical modeling and instrumentation/projects?
What are the priorities, methods and challenges of exoplanetary characterization?
What is the implication of the current exo-characterization research for biomarkers and life?
What shall be the future of the exoplanetary characterization?
Which instrumentation to characterize exoplanets would the community need?
- 1) Overview on missions and projects to detect and characterize exoplanets
- 2) Characterization of exoplanets
- 3) Potential of the closest exoplanets (habitability, biomarkers)
- 4) Future missions
- 5) Architecture of planetary systems
- 6) General discussion about future heading of exoplanetary research
- Dr. Beth Biller (Royal Observatory, Edinburgh (ROE))
- Dr. Piere Ferruit (ESA)
- Dr. Nikku Madhusudhan (Institute of Astronomy, University of Cambridge)
- Dr. Francesco Pepe (Observatoire de l?Université de Genève)
SOC: Sz. Csizmadia (DLR Berlin, DE), A. García Munoz (TU Berlin, DE), H. J. Deeg (IAC Tenerife, ES), E. Guenther (TLS, DE), P. Kabath (AsU CAS, CZ)
LOC: P. Kabath (AsU CAS, CZ), T. Klocova (AsU CAS, CZ)
kabath @ asu.cas.cz
Updated on Mon Jan 09 15:37:40 CET 2017