Welcome to EWASS 2018 !
European Week of Astronomy and Space Science
3 – 6 April 2018
Arena & Convention Centre (ACC),
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Joint annual meeting of the
European Astronomical Society (EAS) and the National Astronomy Meeting (NAM) of the
Royal Astronomical Society (RAS).
- Important dates:
- 2018-Feb-11: Social events page is now available.
- 2018-Feb-8: Update of program (room-level program, LS03 day shift, football tournament, public lecture). The public lecture
page is now available. Note that the deadline for early bird registration has
now passed, but you can still register for EWASS 2018 for the regular fee. More than 1,000 participants have already registered!
- 2018-Feb-5: Added Lunch sessions 9 and 10.
- 2018-Feb-2: Added EAS Ethics Statement and RAS Code of Conduct. Added name for ESA report. Cancelled LS02: a new lunch session will replace it.
- 2018-Jan-26: Programme now shows the time of the Plenary speakers.
- 2018-Jan-15: Added LS08 session. Less than a month to benefit from early bird registration fees!
- 2017-Dec-18: Added information on Childcare availability. Four days left to benefit from very early bird registration fees!
- 2017-Nov-28: We have received around 1400 abstracts by the deadline! Abstract submission is now closed.
Ethics and Anti-harassment statement
The EAS considers its annual EWASS meetings to be a privileged occasion for free and frank interchange of scientific ideas, as well as for the nurturing and creation of professional and social contacts. Any abuse of power or inappropriate behaviour has no place at the EWASS.
On 23 January 2018, EAS Council has adopted the EAS Ethics Statement and Guidelines for Good Practice. These will apply during EWASS and all participants are urged to read the document and follow its recommendations.
The RAS kindly requests all its meeting attendees, including those at EWASS 2018, to adhere to the Code of Conduct for RAS meetings.