European Astronomical Society
EAS Job Directory
|EAS Executive Secretary||Closing date: 2017-11-10
Contact: EAS Office
|The European Astronomical Society (EAS) is looking for an Executive Secretary/Secrétaire Général. The open position is a part-time activity at 30% of a full-time position. It is a position of "adjoint scientifique II" at the University of Geneva, since the administrative office of the EAS is hosted by the Astronomy Department of the University of Geneva according to a mutual agreement. The contract is established on an annual and renewable basis.|
|The appointee will be responsible for running the EAS administrative office in Geneva with limited additional secretarial support and in collaboration with the financial officer. He/She will oversee all activities of the society and provide assistance to the President, the Treasurer and the Secretary of the EAS, as well as the other Council members for a smooth running and further development of the society in all its activities.
This entails among others:
* supporting the Council in the preparation of the Council meetings and the meetings with the affiliated societies, writing the minutes, and following up the assigned activities
* maintaining and developing the websites of the EAS and of the yearly EWASS conferences, including the EAS e-Newsletter
* announcing EAS Prizes and supporting the EAS prize selection committee
* facilitating the activity of the Working Groups set up by Council
* monitoring the arrangements for EWASS including the interface between the Society and the professional organisers of the conference,
* collaborating with the financial officer and the secretary in charge of the membership.
The appointee will:
* have a Master degree in physics and a good knowledge of the European astronomical community
* be proficient in administrative matters (e.g. project management) and work in an organized and efficient manner
* have good inter-personal skills to enable effective interactions with Council and the members
* have an excellent command of English (both oral and written) and a good knowledge of French
* have some experience in informatics (code writing) and in web-site management.
Applications must include a motivation letter, a curriculum vitae, and a copy of the highest degree. Applications should be submitted exclusively on-line via the link "Postuler/Apply now" from the website of the University of Geneva:
The deadline is 10 November 2017. Applications sent per e-mail will be disregarded.
For complementary information please contact the EAS office at eas @ unige.ch
Links to other job lists
More on non-academic jobs