The European Week of Astronomy and Space Science (EWASS, formerly JENAM) is the annual meeting of the European Astronomical Society (EAS). With more than 20 years of tradition, it has imposed itself as the largest conference for European astronomy. In addition to plenary sessions and the award of prestigious prizes, the conference hosts many symposia held in parallel, as well as special sessions and meetings.
The EAS together with one of its affiliated societies, organises the annual EWASS conference to enhance its links with national communities, to broaden connections between individual members and to promote European networks.
EWASS 2017 is held in Prague, Czech Republic, which already hosted JENAM 1998 and JENAM 2006, the latter as part of the IAU General Assembly. The conference is expected to welcome around 1000 astrophysicists from all over Europe and even beyond.
The EAS considers its annual EWASS meetings to be a privileged occasion for free and frank interchange of scientific ideas, as well as for the nurturing and creation of professional and social contacts. Any abuse of power or inappropriate behaviour has no place at the EWASS.
- EWASS 2018 in Liverpool, United Kingdom from 3 to 6 April 2018
- EWASS 2016 in Athens (Greece) from 4 to 8 July 2016
- EWASS 2015 in La Laguna, Tenerife (Canary Islands, Spain) from 22 to 26 June 2015
- EWASS 2014 in Geneva (Switzerland) from 30 June to 4 July 2014
- EWASS 2013 in Turku (Finland) from 8 to 13 July 2013
- EWASS 2012 in Rome (Italy) from 1 to 6 July 2012
- EWASS 2011 in St. Petersburg (Russia) from 4 to 8 July 2011
- EWASS 2010 in Lisbon (Portugal) - The European Week of Astronomy and Space Science
- EWASS 2009 in Herts (UK) - The European Week of Astronomy and Space Science
- JENAM 2008 in Vienna (Austria) - New Challenges to European Astronomy
- JENAM 2007 in Yerevan (Armenia) - Our Non-Stable Universe
- JENAM 2006 in Prague (Czech Republic) - Part of IAU General Assembly
- JENAM 2005 in Liège (Belgium) - Distant Worlds
- JENAM 2004 in Granada (Spain) - The Many Scales in the Universe
- JENAM 2003 in Budapest (Hungary) - New Deal in European Astronomy: Trends and Perspectives
- JENAM 2002 in Porto (Portugal) - The Unsolved Universe: Challenges for the Future
- JENAM 2001 in Munich (Germany) - Five Days of Creation: Astronomy with Larges Telescopes from Ground and Space
- JENAM 2000 in Moscow (Russia)
- JENAM 1999 in Toulouse (France)
- JENAM 1998 in Prague (Czech Republic) - Prospects of Astronomy and Astrophysics for the New Millenium
- JENAM 1997 in Thessaloniki (Greece) - The New Trends in Astronomy and Astrophysics
- JENAM 1996 in Sevilla (Spain)
- JENAM 1995 in Catania (Italy)
- JENAM 1994 in Edinburgh (United Kingdom)
- JENAM 1993 in Torun (Poland)
- JENAM 1992 in Liège (Belgium)