Welcome to EAS 2020 !
Moving to a virtual meeting
Hosting NAC 2020 (July 1-3, 2020),
75th Conference of the Royal Nederlandse Astronomenclub (NAC)
29 June – 3 July 2020
Moving to a virtual meeting!
EAS 2020: Moving toward a virtual meeting (March 30, 2020)
The EAS Council met last Friday to consider how to run the Annual Meting in Leiden scheduled for June 29 - July 3rd, 2020.
The unprecedented international situation with the rapidly developing virus pandemic is
very worrisome, and we think that a face-to-face meeting in late June could potentially pose a health risk for attendees.
As the safety of the EAS annual meeting attendees and staff workers is and has always been our
highest priority, we are currently exploring how we can move as much of the meeting content as possible online during the same week.
We aim to retain as much of the scientific programme as possible as and enable a lively interaction among participants.
We will inform you how we plan to organise a virtual meeting by email and on the EAS 2020 website as soon as possible.
In the meantime, if you have booked your accomodation during registration via Kuoni, please note
that your accomodation will be cancelled directly by our partner Kuoni and you will be reimbursed
100% (-15 EUR banking fee). More details can be found on the accomodation page.
If you booked your hotel separetely, feel free to cancel your accomodation.
Stay safe and keep in touch with us and with each other in these strange times,
On behalf of the EAS Council
- Important dates:
|Moving toward a virtual meeting
||30 Mar 2020
|Speaker's attendance confirmation (settled registration)
||15 May 2020
|Regular registration deadline
||28 June 2020
- 2020-Mar-30: Moving EAS 2020 to an online meeting (see above)! Accommodation page updated; updates some pages; removed some pages from menu; please note that the website will be updated for more details when available.
- 2019-Dec-17: Opening of registration and
- 2020-Mar-24: Decision by EAS Council about options for EAS 2020 (see above).
- 2020-Mar-6: We have received a bit more than 1150 abstracts by the deadline! Abstract submission is now closed, the session chairs now review the abstracts. Added the accommodation and sponsors & exhibitors pages, and press and media link.
- 2020-Feb-19: Updated schedule for plenary speakers, programme and plenary lectures pages.
- 2020-Feb-12: Updated programme page for LS11 and SS35.
- 2020-Feb-6: Added child care page. Please register by 30 April.
- 2020-Feb-3: Added LS14 and updated programme page.
- 2020-Jan-27: Added NAC sessions and timetable to programme page.
- 2020-Jan-17: Link to NAC 2020, the 75th Nederlandse Astronomenconferentie of the Royal Nederlandse Astronomenclub (NAC). EAS 2020 participants can participate in NAC 2020 and vice-versa. More details will follow.
- 2019-Dec-6: The SOC selected 16 Symposia, 20 Special Sessions, and 13 Lunch Sessions, see the programme! Added travel information, general information, sustainability, social events, grants, plenary session pages.
- 2019-Nov-25: EAS 2020 Sponsorship page.
- 2019-Oct-10: EAS 2020 Poster.
- 2019-Jul-24: Website on-line; Call for Expressions of Interest to organise Symposia, Special and Lunch Sessions.
Ethics and Anti-harassment statement
The EAS considers its annual EWASS meetings to be a privileged occasion for free and frank interchange of scientific ideas, as well as for the nurturing and creation of professional and social contacts. Any abuse of power or inappropriate behaviour has no place at EAS 2020.
On 23 January 2018, EAS Council has adopted the EAS Ethics Statement and Guidelines for Good Practice. These will apply during EAS 2020 and all participants are urged to read the document and follow its recommendations.
Important information on unsolicited requests for hotels
The EAS strongly recommends booking accommodation for EAS 2020 exclusively through our official partner, Kuoni Congress.
We especially urge caution when receiving unsolicited offers to provide hotel rooms or other services, or unsolicited phone calls requesting, e.g.,
to confirm your hotel reservations. We strongly advise you not to engage with any of these other companies, and cannot accept any responsibility for
adverse consequences should you choose to do so. In case of any questions, kindly contact Kuoni Congress at eas2020 @ kuoni-congress.com.