European Astronomical Society
EAS Job Directory
|Postdoctoral research position in microlensing exoplanets||Closing date: 2021-01-02
Contact: Radek Poleski
|Applications are invited for two research adjunct positions (postdoctoral research equivalent) at Astronomical Observatory, University of Warsaw (Poland) in a discipline of astronomy from Polish Returns grant by National Agency for Academic Exchange. Successful applicants will be working on wide-orbit and free-floating planet studies using gravitational microlensing technique including analysis of existing satellite data and planning future satellite experiments. Candidates will be hired full time for at least two years. The maximum employment period ends in December 2023.|
|The employment should start between March and October 2021. The deadline for applications is January 2, 2021, 11am UT. Applications should be sent via e-mail to hiring @ astrouw.edu.pl. The results will be announced via e-mail and on the Astronomical Observatory website. The expected date of the results announcement is January 18, 2021.
- PhD in astronomy or related field (understanding of astronomical concepts will be required). Candidates may apply before PhD defense but will have to present PhD diploma before starting the position.
- Previous research experience and international experience adequate for the stage of the scientific career. Preferred (not required) experience in areas of: gravitational microlensing, analysis of large datasets, applying for and executing astronomical observations, in particular adaptive optics, or Bayesian statistics.
- Good publication record.
- Good programming and data-visualization skills. Experience with Linux or Mac operating systems.
- Very good communication skills in written and spoken English.
- The candidates have to conform to the conditions stated in art. 113 of Higher Education Law dated 20.07.2018 (Journal of Laws of the Republic of Poland 2018, item 1668 with further amendments).
- cover letter with scanned signature,
- lists of most important publications, conference presentations, grants, and research experience explanation,
- copy of the PhD diploma,
- candidates should arrange 1-3 recommendation letters to be sent to hiring @ astrouw.edu.pl January 2, 2021, 11am UT,
- declaration of accepting the rules of a job application: pdf - https://www.fuw.edu.pl/tl_files/dokumenty/konkursy/Oswiadczenie_o_zapoznaniu_sie_z_zasadami_konkursow_na_stanowiska_nauczycieli_akademickich_na_UW_ang.pdf
- GDPR form: http://www.bsp.adm.uw.edu.pl/wp-content/uploads/sites/166/2019/12/Klauzula-informacyjna-przy-rekrutacji-do-pracy_11_2019_EN.docx
Links to other job lists
More on non-academic jobs